In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But by now most people with brains understand the documents are most likely authentic.
- She added that readers need to have assurance that scanned data is authentic and accurate.
- His best work, often direct copies of authentic Maori artefacts, deceived art experts and collectors around the world.
- Her enthusiasm is completely genuine, completely authentic.
- He is in no doubt that the document is an authentic copy of the original.
- A letter should have been sent to confirm that the references were genuine and authentic,’ he said.
- He is a genuine tycoon, an authentic media mogul who dominates the newspapers and networks of his native land as completely as he does its political firmament.
- On several occasions he suggested that particular documents were not authentic, when the documents in question were plainly genuine.
- I want to believe these documents are authentic.
- But such verification does not demonstrate that the documents are authentic.
- It is impossible to know yet if the manuscript being translated is authentic, because its origin is mysterious.
- His wide vibrato had an authentic Russian sound.
- Anger and hatred are powerless in the face of authentic human kindness.
- In an attempt to clamp down on age falsification, the organizers said they would demand that team officials submit authentic birth documents of their athletes.
- We sat on the side of the road, contemplating the fact that we were about to have a much more authentic Cambodian experience then any of us had planned.
- In recent years, Disney's park designers have filled the place with what look like real antiques, genuine artifacts, authentic junk.
- ‘I'm firmly convinced that the memos are authentic and the stories are accurate,’ he said.
- They said, finally, they weren't even able to determine whether these documents were authentic or whether they were forged.
- The authentic Riesling of German origin is regarded as one of the world's greatest grapes.
2(realistic)(atmosphere/dialogue) realista(atmosphere/dialogue) verosímil
- It's based upon an authentic story that happened in the '20s and '30s.
- Each successful composer rose from some authentic tradition.
- The costumes and set design are stylish and impressive, full of bright colors and wonderfully authentic period detail.
- When we live according to our authentic traditions, we do not see anti-social behavior.
- The restaurant ensures that Mangalorean cuisine is made and served in its traditional and authentic form.
- What lacked so far is an authentic compilation of facts about this treasure trove of nature.
- These hotels and restaurants did all they could to recreate all that is authentic in traditional Kerala cuisine.
- Because of his intimate knowledge of the Sikh society and his being a near contemporary of Sri Guru Nanak, his writings are historically authentic and reliable.
- Behind all these novels are authentic and well-researched field notes, which can make any anthropologist proud.
- We were critical, looking for authentic Mexican traditions or truly creative variations.
- The crowd then made their way back to the High Cross Inn where they celebrated St Patrick s Day with traditional music including authentic bag pipe playing.
- A local cook was hired to provide the authentic southern-style meals at the lodge.
- And that might make possible more accurate and authentic journalism.
- By contrast, the vision of early monasticism presented in the Letters of Antony should be understood as both authentic and reliable.
- The organisers claim they will follow traditional cooking methods and authentic ingredients to prepare the dishes.
- Creating authentic images depends on coherent focusing, color correction and proper whiteness.
- Weapons are authentic copies of originals and armour is hand-beaten from sheet metal, as it would have been.
- Parents can join in the Elizabethan dancing with actors in authentic costumes copied from portraits, while children play with Elizabethan toys.
- Our last night we decided to go out and spend some big money on an authentic Icelandic meal.
- He had provided an authentic and authoritative history of the competition.
- Fuseli's pictures pulsate with authentic depictions of lust, fear, violence and death.
- This recipe is far from authentic and is based on one given to me by Fraser - who uses garam masala, curry powder and cumin instead of the curry paste.
- There are many times - in our obligation to be fair, accurate and authentic - when we must tell the painful truth with words and images.
- The written word persuasively conveys the authentic ring of reliable authority in a way the recollected spoken word does not.
- And there is no more authentic way to experience Italy and its food at an affordable price.
- And the other important precept was that if I wanted the books to be authentic and accurate, then they needed to be refereed by the person doing the most up-to-date field research.
- Threads for the work have been dyed in authentic colours of the period, using natural dyes some of which have been derived from plants like cow parsley, madder and walnut tree, picked locally by society volunteers.
- It is totally unpretentious, service is good, the meals are very authentic, the standard of food is consistent, and we've had many memorable evenings there.
- They hoped their own approach based on authentic Korean food would change this situation.
- Earlier an unnamed assistant editor had emphasised ‘the need for publishing absolutely accurate and authentic information’.
- These centres regard themselves as inheritors of authentic traditions.
- So then, were these first 11 chapters written as a record of authentic historical facts?
- Scholars believe that this is how Mozart intended the music to be played in the first place; the string orchestra version that usually is heard might not be authentic.
- ‘What we aim to do is to continue making haggis in the authentic way, which means using traditional ingredients sourced in Scotland,’ says Jo MacSween.
- It has all the right ingredients for a really authentic Mexican meal and there's no doubt they know what they're doing.
- He has already lauded the film as ‘the most authentic depiction of modern soldiering ever put on film’.
- The story could not have continued to exist unless it had been authentic and genuine.
- The memory of viewing does not always present an authentic or reliable version of what we have seen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.