In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of manuscript, painting)autenticidad femenino
- The judge also held that the authenticity of the confessions would be decided at the time of trial.
- And just how do you check the authenticity of the author's claim to divine inspiration?
- A handwriting test will examine the authenticity of the note found in the man's pocket.
- Anyone who wants to verify the authenticity of my story can visit the school's archives.
- The café on the site has taken authenticity one step further by only serving food the Romans would have eaten.
- Each item will be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity and an audio CD of the musical sequence.
- Whether this anecdote has any formal authenticity or not is a different question.
- It was all done with stunning authority and authenticity - it was a good production.
- From the point of view of the much vaunted historical authenticity, it should be interesting.
- The American papers, predictably, doubt neither the authenticity nor the import of the tape.
- Doubts about the authenticity of the final results will create a danger of instability.
2(of depiction, description)realismo masculinoverosimilitud femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.