In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(writer)escritor masculinoescritora femenino(in relation to her/his works) autor masculino(in relation to her/his works) autora femeninoColette, the well-known French author — Colette, la conocida escritora francesa
- the author of this book — el autor/la autora de este libro
- author's copy — ejemplar para el autor
- When the authors of this article were teenagers, the population of the world was about 3 billion people.
- Then we have authors writing positive reviews for their own books and often their friends will do the same.
- She is the author of numerous research articles in scholarly journals and has co-authored a book chapter.
- Why do you think so many authors have trouble writing sex scenes?
- She is a poet, playwright and the author of nine books.
- Here's a good article by the authors of the new book.
- Each of these countries naturally gives prominence to authors writing in its respective language.
- Some 39 poets, essayists, authors and playwrights will participate in it.
- He is also a prolific writer, being the author of a dozen books on subjects such as Islamic theology, ethics, Sufism and comparative religions.
- Years ago, science fiction author Isaac Asimov wrote an anthology of books entitled I, Robot.
- Somehow I doubt that the authors of this idiotic article have thought this through very well.
- He is a journalist, computer columnist, and the author of 11 books.
- He is the author of seven books and more than a hundred articles and chapters.
- Table 7 shows the most-cited authors of journal articles.
- He doesn't look like the author of controversial books and articles, or like someone who has been harassed by the government and police.
- But we're also developing books by other authors, emerging writers for children.
- Another reason for his attraction to Deirdre is that they both share a passion for books, especially those written by neglected authors.
- The authors of the article don't even bother to address the constitutional question at the heart of the case.
- The reviewers, like the authors of our articles, have definite points of view.
- But Verne was a prolific author, and he wrote over 50 novels between 1863 and his death in 1905.
- In the mid-1990s, she was one of two authors to contribute thoughtful articles on this topic to Chamber Music America.
- Book authors write longer paragraphs without having to give the reader a rest.
- Although Stoker managed to write a number of novels, he was not primarily an author by profession.
- I remember telling my class that my favorite authors were Toni Morrison and Stephen King.
- Unlike many short story authors, Oates writes interestingly about a vast range of subjects, and has the skill with which to make her tales truly mesmerising.
- It happens that I am a childhood friend of one of the authors of this book.
- In 1965 I was writing a weekly pseudonymous column on books and authors for Scotland's national newspaper.
- I am pretty confident that the authors of both these articles are better informed on their areas of expertise than I am.
- Many books by Australian authors are remembered and their merits fully recognised.
- Let me start out by saying that the author of that article was my aunt, and I don't believe she would ever intentionally misrepresent me.
- Father Yvon was also a noted writer, the author of several books about the sea.
- He is the author of numerous articles and published papers.
- Some prolific authors write the same book over and over, and others write books so different that their work fails to add up to a single whole.
- Many authors now write books with movies in mind.
- Anyway, The Author is filled with lots of immensely practical articles by working authors, agents, commissioning editors and so on.
- I was at the same exact event as the author of this article and I can ascertain that her report of that day is accurate.
- The author of this article was reviewing a recently released book.
- A prolific writer, Horowitz is the author or co-author of over 30 books and thousands of articles and essays.
- Acclaimed author Margaret Atwood writes of the influence George Orwell had on her and her writing, to mark the centenary of his birth.
- These authors wrote many intimate short stories of superb quality.
2(originator)(of plan, legislation) autor masculino(of plan, legislation) autora femenino(of plan, legislation) creador masculino(of plan, legislation) creadora femenino(of success) artífice femenino
- The plan's authors believe there is significant tourism potential for water sports to be further developed and states that the surf school should be expanded to a year round activity.
- It is possible that the authors of this idea really believe that his personality guarantees success.
- The plan's authors reside in Key West.
- The authors of the original property rights theory never regarded the system of property rights as something easily changeable by policy decisions.
- The authors of the plan also point to the increasing role the private sector could offer by providing a wide range of facilities on behalf of the councils.
- It seems self evidently the case that the authors of the plan did not consider any other possibility except the implementation of the Land Securities scheme.
- Nine years on, let's look at what the authors of the plan had in mind for Sligo after the road is built, particularly in terms of traffic flow and pedestrianisation.
- Let the plan's authors insist that the government clarify threshold issues before the laws are implemented.
- In a legal system that's built on analogy and precedent, principles often expand past the boundaries that even their authors originally urged.
- Very few of the plan's original authors are still there.
- She has held four photography exhibitions so far and authored a book of poems with her own illustrations.
- He has authored books in Tamil and distributes them at the medical camps.
- She even subsequently authored a book on Indian classical dances.
- Apart from holding his hugely popular shows across the globe, he is also busy authoring a book.
- He has authored eight books, including a travelogue.
- There is no cause for worry, the scientist who has authored a book ‘From fission to fusion’, explains.
- He has authored a book entitled African American Music - An Introduction.
- While this is a jointly authored book, the switch from one section to the other is seamless.
- He authored a terrific book about his son some years back.
- Not all politicians can find the time to author a book, not even something that is classed as lighter stuff.
- She has authored seven books and over one hundred articles.
- He has authored four books and published more than 500 articles on armor in various military journals.
- I am now pretty convinced that these books were authored by two different people who just happen to have the same name.
- She authored many best-selling books, including Forever Young, Forever Healthy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.