In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If you use the autofocus (which I don't) this is definitely the camera to get.
- Actually, where the latter is concerned you've no choice, but I often find myself turning off the autofocus and twisting the focus ring manually, too.
- Only trick is to wind the window down first (or the autofocus won't work) and don't drop the camera.
- And all of them have an electronic viewfinder instead of an optical one: these models have a light on the front that helps the autofocus do its job even in the dark, a nice touch.
- The larger issue concerns the fact that some purchasers of the new digital model are complaining that the autofocus doesn't work properly; that the camera focuses slightly ahead of or behind the intended spot.
- Image noise is not too bad and generally the autofocus is quick and effective.
- You can adjust the output of the flash and set its autofocus to focus on the left, center, right or all three areas within the image frame.
- An almost prescient autofocus instantly zeroes in on your quarry, then continuously adjusts to stay locked on to that charging moose until you nail the shot.
- In either case, you'll know when you're trying to take a picture that's beyond the camera's close-focus capability, because the autofocus won't lock on.
- The optical zoom covers a 28 mm to 200 mm range, and the autofocus can be overridden with a manual focus.
- It is also useful when the camera's autofocus misbehaves for some reason and insists on focusing on the matrix or the background rather than on the crystals you are trying to capture.
- The autofocus was shaky in the cold, and my gloved hands kept moving the exposure dial.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.