In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As outlined above tissue of autografts fused with each other, while allografted tissues rejected one another.
- The presence of malignant cells in the autograft has been associated with the recurrence of the disease, and purging procedures are needed to eliminate this risk.
- The earliest recorded successful grafting procedures were autografts in which skin or bone was recovered from one site on a patient's body and then grafted in a different location on the same individual.
- In retrospective studies comparing patellar tendon and hamstring tendon autografts, few significant differences were found overall.
- If an autograft is to be used, the surgeon should inform the surgical team from where the graft will be harvested.
- Twenty years ago cultured epidermal autografts, in which a small skin biopsy is cultured to produce large epidermal sheets, were developed to treat patients with extensive burns.
- Improvements in harvesting techniques and growth of stem cells in the laboratory will lead to increased safety of autografts and an expanding list of indications.
- Homografts and Xenografts are thin grafts resembling autografts that are surgically placed on the burn injured areas.
- This study revealed that the use of fibrin glue is an effective and safe method for attaching conjunctival autografts during pterygium surgery.
- In many cases, this is not feasible, and harvesting skin autografts can be an expensive procedure.
- A verification process for release of autografts should use two unique patient identifiers to ensure that the correct procedure, site, position, and implants are used for the correct patient.
- If this is not possible, the surgeon must determine whether the need to use an allograft outweighs the risk of sterilizing a contaminated autograft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.