In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Today many fields of industry such as sports and medicine are using positive auto-suggestion because the changes it creates are bringing unprecedented results.
- Indeed, you can never really be 100% sure that even the most audacious results you have seen with your own eyes were not perhaps a strange confluence of self-hypnosis, auto-suggestion or coincidence.
- The book delineates how we can call upon focusing techniques, imagery, body awareness and many other types of auto-suggestion in order to practice efficiently, overcome performance fears and find our expressive voice.
- Lately I have been quite involved in developing and delivering sessions on self-affirmation and auto-suggestion.
- In my view, the methods of self-training based on professional military traditions may include: self-persuasion, self-commitment, self-exercise, emulation, auto-suggestion, self-control and introspection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.