In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She received her bachelor of engineering degree in aerospace avionics from Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia, and has also worked in Australia and the United Kingdom.
- That means knowing the airplane's sophisticated systems - hydraulics, avionics, communications, navigation and electrical.
- The training, both classroom and practical, covers a range of aircraft and avionics technical courses, aircraft structural courses, and aircraft life support courses.
- Students study subjects such as aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems and avionics.
- She has more than nine years of systems engineering experience with avionics both at the platform integration level and unit level.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.