In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eje masculinorear/front axle — eje trasero/delantero / frontal
- before noun axle box / housing — caja del diferencial
- axle load — carga axial
- Wheels, axles and railroad ties were flung in all directions.
- Pothole poetry has all the tragedy of lost love if not lost axles and wheels.
- Indeed, the chassis and the wheel axle were specially designed to withstand such speed.
- Independent rear axles are similar to front axle of a front wheel drive car.
- Historians believe the sport's origins date to European Celtics who would toss chariot wheels attached to axles.
- It is fabricated of aluminum tubing and has four wheels on two axles.
- The frame, in turn, features an oscillating front axle and pivoting rear tandem axles.
- Here, also, increased pay load can be achieved by the replacement of steel with titanium in such items as axles and wheels.
- The solid wood frame is supported by metal axles and rubber-edged wheels.
- And if the shaft is straight the light on the wall will hardly move as the pedal axle is rotated.
- Exports of everything from axles and compressors to shock absorbers have also jumped over the past two years.
- Are you going to have to plan on costly replacement of tires or axles or crankpins?
- Torque is distributed from the engine to the front and rear axles via the automatic transmission and transfer case.
- Like most Hondas, the engine is mounted longitudinally in the frame letting the drive shafts line up to the front and rear axles.
- There'd have to be changes there: in the boilers, the pistons, the axles and wheels… rebuild the whole thing.
- There was the distant clattering of wheels and squeaking of axles.
- In this case, beauty really is skin deep because no one is pining for drum brakes, beam axles and carburetors.
- These critical items allow the wheel to spin freely without damaging the axle or the wheel.
- This car is four-wheel drive, so down the centre of the chassis there's a drive-shaft, connecting the front and rear axles to the motor.
- According to whether a bus has 2 axles, 3 axles or 4 axles, it will be charged accordingly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.