In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino tiras de cuero retorcido
- Roots are better than babiche in applications where the object would be in water, as wet babiche stretches terribly.
- His chest was massive, and over it the muscles rolled like babiche cord when he moved.
- The women took care of the food, skinning, cooking, smoking the meat, made babiche, clothes, blankets, and bowls.
- The polished brass arm and wall plate reflect the warm varnished wood and babiche tones of both the snowshoe and parchment shade.
- While in college, she was given a babiche bag said to be over one hundred years old.
- The Nunamiut kayaks are covered with caribou skins, which are sewn with sinew and babiche and sealed with tallow.
- Snowshoe makers ‘signed’ their work with distinctive frame construction techniques and ornate, decorative babiche work.
- The maker of this elaborate snowshoe has created geometric designs in the babiche weaving using black and red paint.
- The Koosees' teachings - on everything from selecting the right birch or tamarack tree for the snowshoe frame to weaving the moose hide ‘babiche’ used for the webbing - will be used by the cultural center to produce an instructional book.
- There are solid wooden shoes that were used in emergencies when no babiche was available for webbing, but the historical record and oral tradition agree that these were a second class alternative.
- Wood, seagrass, upholstered and babiche seats available in both bar or counter height.
- Then Falkner bound him hand and foot with the babiche thongs, and dragged him to the bunk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.