In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boom de la natalidad masculino
- In Australia, fertility nose-dived at the end of the post-war baby boom in the 1960s and the wide acceptance of the Pill.
- There has been a considerable geographical shift in population over the last fifty years, disguised in part by the overall increase resulting from the baby boom.
- She even said the United States could be heading for a ‘baby boomlet’ in nine months, though not as big as the baby boom after World War II.
- Congratulations to all the proud mothers, fathers, grannies and granddads who have been part of the recent baby boom in the village.
- The baby boom generation is about to retire, and what happens then?
- We are bucking the European trend and are experiencing our second baby boom since the 1970s.
- He observes that the post war baby boom occurred between about 1948 and 1965.
- During the housing boom that followed the post-war baby boom, credit unions grew fast because they began offering home mortgages.
- The aging of the baby boom generation is the major factor underlying the increasing need for health care workers.
- I'm scrambling for infant care in a city which has just had one of their biggest baby booms in years.
- The vitality of Mason's society reflects fifties optimism, it tells us about the prosperity of its time, the optimism of the baby boom.
- It's the Year of the Dragon, so a baby boom is expected.
- Demand for home care will only increase as the population ages, especially as the baby boom generation nears retirement.
- Nine months after the blackout the city was said to enjoy a baby boom, with a small surge in the birth rate.
- Through war, depression, baby booms and changing governments, the Melbourne Cup has persevered to become one of Australia's most famous annual events.
- The remainder - some 3.2 million persons - will come directly from the baby booms of the 1940s and 1960s.
- Following the baby boom, fertility rates declined over the late 1960s and 1970s.
- Midwives at York Hospital are expecting a baby boom this spring after the summer heatwave raised temperatures - and boosted passions - across the city.
- Record industry growth through the 70s was largely a result of the baby boom cohort moving through the economy.
- Currently the baby boom cohorts are still in their most productive years, they are still contributors to the social insurance funds, not claimants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.