In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino cara de niñofemenino cara de niña
- She had a little baby face but over the last year and-a-half, the time I knew her which will last in my mind for eternity, she had grown up into the most beautiful person I've ever known, both inside and out.
- His round, baby face has something of the abstraction of a tribal mask.
- He still has that baby face that makes him look like Curious George on steroids, but here he turns it into an effective poker face.
- I think he's a moderately talented Dave Matthews knockoff who relies on his baby face and oh-so-sensitive balladry to appeal to the screaming-teenage-girl audience.
- At the far end, here is a chubby kid with a baby face, who possibly has Tourette's.
- What I meant is Erika usually doesn't go for the guys that are sensitive and have baby faces, she goes for the bad boys and that is why I was surprised when she said that she liked you.
- She had shoulder length, wavy hair and a baby face.
- In Gangs of New York Leonardo DiCaprio was blown out of the water - already cursed with a baby face the actor's very style came across as immature against the masterful performance of Day-Lewis.
- He's small and physically childlike for his age - he looks half the size of Sue, his miserable sort-of girlfriend; there's a slight moustache on his baby face he hasn't yet bothered to shave off.
- A few seconds later, a big ‘copper’, played by a heavy-set waiter with one of the smiling baby faces, stormed into the restaurant.
- I asked, smiling down at the innocent baby face.
- But, o, even in such glorious times as these I am reminded of my home; of the sky there, blocked by no tall buildings, and of Anna's sweet baby face.
- It makes look more grown up, if nothing else, which is probably the best part, considering a baby face and lack of height cause me to look about twelve at times.
- She looked down, tears steaming down her baby face.
- At 48, he has a barely gray-streaked dark beard and a barely gray-streaked mop of dark hair - and in the middle a pink baby face.
- Back in his early days on the b-list, Spacey was a hard working actor who excelled at characters with baby faces and dark hearts.
- Even though we should know better, we tend to assume that strangers with baby faces - wide eyes, full lips, soft brow - are trustworthy, if naive.
- He displays a couple days' stubble on his baby face, along with those arched, guileless eyebrows, which seem to certify everything he says.
- He still has that same baby face with those dimples.
- His scruffy beard and ever-present American Spirit cigarette can't quite conceal his baby face.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.