In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1número atrasado masculino
- Also, partly moth-eaten back numbers of forgotten magazines of the 1950s or even earlier may catch your eye.
- In secret she and he carried his copies of the journal down Grenfell Street into her office and stashed them in the storeroom under back numbers of another publication.
- But it is disheartening if you've set aside a Saturday evening and travelled ten miles for a game to be eliminated in 1902 and spend the rest of the evening thumbing disconsolately through dog-eared back numbers of magazines.
- It is fascinating to read the back numbers of what was one woman's unique contribution to our local community.
- But some of these back numbers show up in bookstores and vendors' stands near universities.
- On the off-chance that I might come across his views on forest nudity, I trawled through back numbers of the international Catholic weekly.
- Our website also carries at least three complete articles per back number in pdf format.
- He had seen his exhibition advertised in a back number of the magazine and used one of his last two remaining postage stamps to send him photographs of his figures in pastel.
- But when I last visited the shop, the owner directed me to a pile of back numbers of a journal that was neither dead nor Indian.
- Recent back numbers are usually available at a bargain price to new members.
- Get out your file of back numbers of the magazine and read what was written in form of bitter complaints last year.
- He and two co-authors read through back numbers of various urban gay community papers, mostly of the giveaway sort that are laden with bar ads and personals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.