In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1telón de fondo masculino
- The patterns on the stage and against the backdrop were beautiful, the movement sensual and relational.
- Rohmer used digital technology to recreate the Paris of the 1790s, fashioning computer-generated scenery and backdrops from paintings of the period.
- Someday I believe she will be painting the backdrops for them.
- The two elements have been perfectly blended, allowing for detailed and stylized characters on a colorful backdrop of gorgeous moving skies, richly painted backdrops, and subtle changes in light.
- His father was an artist who designed backdrops for movies and stage plays.
- In high school theatre, the grid is normally the place where techies operate a fly system - in other words, lowering backdrops and scenery using ropes.
- Alex is happy with the Art Alliance and has volunteered to paint some scenery backdrops for them.
- The stage backdrop is filled with smoke and the curtains have become brown drapes, some halfway across the stage.
- Set on a bare stage with effective backdrops and use of lighting, there was a beautiful use of lines and lifts in group, pas de deux and solo work, all in contemporary classical form.
- Shakespeare's magical comedy will be played out against a simple backdrop of parkland scenery, he said.
- It continues for over a minute and moves several yards across the stage and into the backdrop promoting the fight.
- It may take hours of fiddling about with different backdrops of paper or cloth to get the colour right.
- He spoke of the many people who helped behind the scenes, citing as an example those who had painted the backdrops.
- Olivier used painted backdrops of French fields and castles that were intended to suggest medieval artistic renderings.
- The graphics are a little disappointing, and the backdrops and general scenery are quite poor.
- Also in 2000, I helped my art teacher paint backdrops for a school musical, Robin Hood, and joined the mural painting club.
- She took a job painting sets and making backdrops for a film production company, which she then parlayed into a career in art direction.
- Typically, such painting might be placed on a theatre backdrop, or across a large hall or church nave, or on a high ceiling.
- ‘To assist this he used subtle backdrops of paint, panel and lighting to allow objects to merge with one another’.
- The venue for the night concerts was a huge field with naturally sloping sides, and the stages were set against backdrops of tall rainforest trees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.