In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(players) zagueros masculino(area) terreno detrás de la línea delantera
- He made three tackles in the Buc backfield and two more at the line of scrimmage.
- An effective run stuffer, he also can get into the backfield and pressure the quarterback.
- They entered the offseason with a depleted defensive backfield, so adding a quality cornerback or safety is likely.
- When it comes to the offensive backfield, they take a back seat to no team in the SEC.
- They will shift from the line of scrimmage to the backfield, or split out as receivers.
- The team is in a state of flux at two spots: the offensive line and the defensive backfield.
- To use four wide receivers, the Chargers took some basic pass protection away from the line of scrimmage and the backfield.
- He has shown the versatility throughout his career to play any position in the defensive backfield.
- After taking a handoff deep in the backfield from the quarterback, the tailback picks a hole based on the blocking in front of him.
- You might even see him lined up in the backfield once or twice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.