In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1obras publicadas femenino
- This litigation will determine whether print publishers also hold e-book rights for the books that are part of their active backlist published prior to the time when contracts became explicit about e-book rights.
- But he does have quite a backlist and reputation, and an international network of committed fans.
- He seemed to have been around a long time then and already had a huge backlist from which to draw.
- For many years there has been a growing sense that book publishing has taken a wrong turn - that its constant emphasis on new titles is leading to short-term thinking and neglect of the established titles on the backlists.
- Both feminist publishers and feminist booksellers were sustained by the amount and length of time these backlist books were stocked.
- Group ads also give companies a chance to advertise their midlist and backlist books - titles that might not otherwise have ad money allocated.
- Nevertheless, 'Roots' remains on the backlist and continues to be an important read among those seeking insights into the black experience all the way back to its African roots.
- Publishers like mystery writers to do series characters because it helps keep the backlist of earlier novels selling.
- It has sold its backlist to its distributor, so the books should still be available.
- To work through his backlist is to be surprised at the continuities that are present in his writing.
- Previously, publishers' bread and butter were their backlists of steady sellers.
- Since Naipaul won the 2001 Nobel Prize for Literature, there has understandably been much excavation of his backlist - omnibus collections, reissues, stories and essays shuffled around in new editions.
- That's a publishing decision - someone said, ‘We need to build up our educational backlist.’
- Doubtless she also earns royalties from sales of her backlist.
- The publisher has reinvigorated its impressive backlist and new titles with stylish covers.
- By redesigning its Morrison backlist to appear as a set, the publisher encourages its consumers to purchase the entire ‘Morrison collection.’
- Many contemporary politicians could learn a lot by immersing themselves in his backlist.
- Signed copies, selected backlist titles and audio will be available for sale at the event.
- The re-release of his entire fiction backlist will appear on shelves in bookshops this month.
- The genteel 19 th-century world of publishing in which boutique publishing houses lovingly cultivated their backlists has been overwhelmed by 21 st-century conglomerates who want a profit and want it now.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.