In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then the lock clicks, the door opens, the backpacks and duffel bags drop on the floor, and not long after that, you hear the zipping again.
- Their leaking backpacks trailed sleeping bags and blankets, and one had a scruffy dog.
- And she grabbed her duffel bag and her backpack and hopped out, hoping that she could become invisible in three seconds.
- She nodded her head sleepily and clutched the backpack to her chest.
- The sobbing girl turned around and ran out of the room leaving her backpack and hand bag behind with the surprised young man.
- On the last day of August, he walked across the river, and spent the last of his money on a new backpack and sleeping bag.
- There he had installed his sleeping bag, his backpack with essentials, and his flute.
- Hundreds of aliens Eric's age crowded the marketplace, all of them carrying bags, suitcases, backpacks and trunks.
- Fans will be prohibited from bringing coolers, backpacks, chairs, luggage, and duffel bags onto the premises.
- We would return home in the evenings and find remnants of bin bags and backpacks.
- After some hard debate, they decided to take full backpacks, with sleeping bags, a stove, a shovel, and two days' worth of food.
- Apart from our tours, we sell hiking and adventure equipment such as tents, sleeping bags and backpacks.
- If you don't attend many conferences you won't have noticed that it seems to be fashionable to give out rucksacks, backpacks and haversacks as freebies to delegates.
- She tightened her grip on her backpack and turned around slowly.
- The heat, on top of this, was unbearable as we lugged camera bags and purses and backpacks around.
- I try to take only the smallest backpack - just hand luggage if possible - and few clothes or possessions.
- Several younger women also started wearing bum-bags and several sported backpacks.
- A second later, she walked out with two duffel bags and her backpack.
- We all dumped our backpacks and duffel bags in the shady grass.
- The collection offers giant backpacks and duffel-type bags rather than structured cases.
1viajar con mochilamochilear Cono Sur
- For awhile this was fine. I mean, people grow and I wanted to get back to hiking and backpacking.
- Things don't always go to plan when you are backpacking.
- Besides, there is also backpacking and camping out and an opportunity to contribute towards an ongoing local project with the community.
- David learnt of the organisation when backpacking around Romania and saw the work that they were doing and was keen to help.
- Meanwhile, a 23-year-old Tadcaster man has died in a freak road accident while backpacking in Australia.
- The average age was about thirty and a lot were travelers backpacking around the world.
- Of course, the reality is that unless I devote my life to backpacking, I'm unlikely to reach more than a fraction of these destinations.
- Sam spent six months backpacking in Australia after her degree, then worked as assistant marketing manager at a vehicle parts firm near Leeds.
- When I did about 30 flights in a row while backpacking in my early twenties, I hardly ever bothered to lock my bags.
- I met a couple who were from Chester, England and they were backpacking around Oz.
- I went backpacking, but I got a free car and a beautiful house into the bargain and because of the kind of film it was, I got to travel all over New Zealand.
- Blue water sailing is as different from coastal sailing as a Himalayan expedition is from backpacking in the Rockies.
- When backpacking, you are in the best possible position to meet new, interesting and often wonderful people, and to visit places likewise.
- Brad built it to mimic the old growth forests he admired while hiking and backpacking as a kid.
- When backpacking, carrying your own towel is always a plus.
- For many graduates, university was three years of partying and backpacking, interrupted only by the occasional lecture.
- She graduated in 1995 and then went backpacking through Africa.
- Upon arriving in Copenhagen, I was burned out from backpacking and looking forward to a good nap.
- They take up less room than other foods and don't weigh you down - an important factor when backpacking.
- They will be backpacking and trekking for six to eight hours a day most days, so they need a good level of fitness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.