In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After some hard debate, they decided to take full backpacks, with sleeping bags, a stove, a shovel, and two days' worth of food.
- A second later, she walked out with two duffel bags and her backpack.
- Then the lock clicks, the door opens, the backpacks and duffel bags drop on the floor, and not long after that, you hear the zipping again.
- If you don't attend many conferences you won't have noticed that it seems to be fashionable to give out rucksacks, backpacks and haversacks as freebies to delegates.
- Apart from our tours, we sell hiking and adventure equipment such as tents, sleeping bags and backpacks.
- We all dumped our backpacks and duffel bags in the shady grass.
- Their leaking backpacks trailed sleeping bags and blankets, and one had a scruffy dog.
- There he had installed his sleeping bag, his backpack with essentials, and his flute.
- The heat, on top of this, was unbearable as we lugged camera bags and purses and backpacks around.
- And she grabbed her duffel bag and her backpack and hopped out, hoping that she could become invisible in three seconds.
- The sobbing girl turned around and ran out of the room leaving her backpack and hand bag behind with the surprised young man.
- She nodded her head sleepily and clutched the backpack to her chest.
- On the last day of August, he walked across the river, and spent the last of his money on a new backpack and sleeping bag.
- She tightened her grip on her backpack and turned around slowly.
- Hundreds of aliens Eric's age crowded the marketplace, all of them carrying bags, suitcases, backpacks and trunks.
- I try to take only the smallest backpack - just hand luggage if possible - and few clothes or possessions.
- We would return home in the evenings and find remnants of bin bags and backpacks.
- Fans will be prohibited from bringing coolers, backpacks, chairs, luggage, and duffel bags onto the premises.
- The collection offers giant backpacks and duffel-type bags rather than structured cases.
- Several younger women also started wearing bum-bags and several sported backpacks.
1viajar con mochilamochilear Cono Sur
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.