- I sort of guessed something was wrong when I parked on a steep hill, put the handbrake full on and promptly rolled backwards.
- He pushed the chair backwards with his sudden movement, producing a very loud noise.
- Irene glanced backwards and saw that there was no man there.
- I started stepping backwards in the direction of the doors.
- The sudden movement sent me reeling backwards into a cabinet door, effectively knocking the wind out of me.
- I snarled and she took a step backwards, glancing at the naked blade in my hands.
- Faith pulled Ben backwards as his movements became jerky and desperate.
- Ushered to the sides, fans glance backwards and, catching sight of the Welsh players, clap and cheer.
- It is quite hard, however, to write about the one without a nervous glance backwards at the other.
- He was wearing dark clothing and had no cycle lights, and was hit by the police car as he glanced backwards.
- She turned and glanced backwards, finding that the pair had stopped squabbling and were then noticing the company.
- As I rolled backwards into the warm waters I was surprised to the point of grunting in contentment.
- Rob ran backwards towards the river, trying to beat it about the head with the remaining 18 inches of stick.
- Feeling there was something behind him, he glanced backwards and saw that he was being followed by a gigantic black figure.
- I glanced backwards, even though it was impossible for anyone in the back to hear anything of what was being said.
- Lex shot him a glance and scampered backwards, stumbling over Clark.
- I nodded and left the room, with a worried glance backwards at the woman who was still sitting on the couch, looking so miserable and helpless.
- Ignatious began to roll his chair backwards, towards the door.
- Devon's eyes widened in surprise at my sudden movements, and stumbled backwards when he caught me.
- He rocked forwards but when he tried to regain his balance he over done the movement and fell backwards.