In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Jude was a brilliant badminton player so she chose badminton, eventually progressing to play at county level.
- Norrie is a keen sportswoman who played badminton, soccer, camogie and tennis.
- Two sports halls would be built to host badminton, gymnastics and table tennis.
- There was a time when ball badminton was a popular sport in Southern India.
- Several rounds of shuttle badminton games are going on here by journalists who badly want to sweat it out for fitness.
- We offer football, baseball, badminton and skateboarding as well as dance and drama classes.
- An Olympic gold would have done wonders for badminton's profile in Britain but silver is still a major shot in the arm.
- A smash in badminton is more like a punch in boxing than a smash in tennis.
- He is great at almost every sport, right from table tennis and badminton to even cerebral games like chess.
- Games like badminton, table tennis, etc. are available and women have exclusive time too.
- The club also provides outdoor and indoor games such as tennis, badminton and table tennis.
- We met almost each evening and went for a game of badminton or just a swim had a drink in the club and he would walk me home.
- In his spare time he enjoys playing two of the country's most popular sports, soccer and badminton.
- There is also a croquet set and equipment for cricket, football, badminton and tennis.
- Football and rugby union were included, as were athletics, badminton, curling, hockey and swimming.
- Enlightenment came to me during a game of badminton at Kendal Leisure Centre.
- Through Shine he has discovered a liking for exercise, including swimming, badminton and table tennis.
- There, the teenager continued to excel at rugby, cricket, tennis, badminton and golf.
- I like a bit of golf, but apart from playing badminton over the washing line I don't do much sport in the summer.
- Two new venues on the Greenwich Peninsula would host badminton, gymnastics and table tennis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.