1(perplex)(experts/investigators) desconcertarit baffles me how they escaped — no me explico cómo se escaparon
- You get the distinct impression that the cops are as baffled by the intractability of it all as everyone else.
- It was an amazing turnabout that must have left Tramore baffled and bewildered as to how they left this game behind them.
- Of course, there are those who seek not to enlighten, but to habitually and purposefully obfuscate in order to baffle a client or weary public into submission.
- They will be totally baffled and will need a lawyer to know what it means.
- The sudden outbreak of illness since the beginning of the month is still baffling the experts.
- Police baffled by the murder of a North Yorkshire man have turned to national TV in the hope of tracking down the killer.
- Fashion still baffles me and probably always will.
- They may come out with some piece of conceptual art that baffles everyone.
- What baffles me about not only this article, but millions like it, is that people who obviously know nothing about a subject nonetheless spout off about it.
- Sometimes this country completely baffles me.
- The murder has baffled police, who still have no motive and no suspect for the shooting.
- His abilities as an advocate evoked general admiration, though he did not succeed in baffling the prosecution.
- He quits his job only to come back, albeit reluctantly, when a series of grisly murders baffles the police force.
- But none of the puzzles are so stupidly designed as to totally baffle players.
- These are great examples of modern slang dreamed up in the playground as a new means of confusing already baffled parents.
- Now I know that everyone else is as baffled as me, the need for an explanation seems less pressing.
- Miss Woodhouse said she had been left distraught by the cold-blooded murder, which has baffled police.
- Many critics doubted the wisdom in signing the Celtic player at all, but they were totally baffled at the decision to hose him with money.
- He made sure it would be a draw last Sunday when he baffled everyone by not giving a blatant free to Cork in the last minute.
- Would they do a complete about-face and baffle everyone?
2(frustrate)(attempts/efforts) frustrarthey managed to baffle their pursuers — consiguieron despistar a sus perseguidores
- Air cooling depends heavily on the condition of baffles, or seals, inside the engine compartment that direct air flow to where it's needed.
- He offered an innovative design solution which incorporated the use of low-angle overhead baffles, concrete floors, wing wall baffles and a bullet trap system.
- These comforters are considered to be three-season weight and the filling is held in place with the use of sewn in baffles which prevents the silk from moving and bunching.
- In the event of a case failure, these baffles would prevent most of the escaping gases from coming down the lug raceways.
- A baffle assembly including one or more baffle plates is located within the gas distribution chamber.
- The baffle plate can have a nonuniform thickness and geometry-controlled openings to achieve a desired gas distribution.
- The hinged flap on the front allows access to the baffle plate where the sawdust sits.
- Appropriately placed baffles ensure that the light is integrated by many bounces before it reaches the detector.
- For example, on the second floor where most work takes place, baffles, telephone booths, and various wall design make for a quieter ambience, the further one walks from front to back.
- As the projectile leaves the muzzle the high velocity gases following the projectile strike the baffles of the muzzle brake and are deflected toward the rear and sides.
- It is imagination that has been thrown at it rather than money: red painted breeze blocks, powder-blue painted plank ceiling, canvas sound baffles, cheapish chairs, ad-hoc air conditioning.
- In a second arrangement, the first gas supply opens into the central region above an upper baffle plate and the second gas supply opens into the periphery of a plenum between the upper baffle plate and a lower baffle plate.
- Top quality bedding, which is more expensive but will last much longer, uses baffle box construction.
- Light in the integrating sphere undergoes hundreds of collisions with the sphere wall, baffle, and sample before being absorbed or collected at the measurement port.
- My nannites have commenced repair work but my sensor baffles have been compromised.
- After installing the five noise-reduction baffles, the noise level measured 101 dBA with background level of 95 dBA room average.
- The fuel tank incorporates baffles to prevent fuel slosh and to keep the pump submerged.
- The red man continued to burn into my retinas, or maybe it was the Windolene… the chemicals burned past my optic nerves and the red man became a small red arrowtip frog, crawling out of the black plastic baffles of the crossing lights.
- Based on this data, we added baffles to optimize the light aperture within the spectrometer, thereby eliminating unnecessary rays while maximizing optical throughput.
- ‘All we could do was direct a hose beyond the baffle plates through the gaps and try and remove as much as we possibly could’.
2also baffle plateMecánicadeflector masculino