In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bollo con forma de rosquilla
- Multigrain bread, bagels, raisin bread and pita pockets are healthy bases for a nutritious lunch.
- Wholemeal, ciabatta, bagels, pitta bread or tortilla wraps will be a welcome change.
- For example, those of us from the East coast mentioned the lack of good bagels or corned beef in Seattle.
- But in the morning, they reportedly are given fruit, bread, and bagels and cream cheese.
- One Thursday, a special tray of bagels was baked in honor of Massouda because she had asked for them.
- Wherever they are made, bagels are best eaten very fresh; otherwise they become leathery and have to be split and toasted.
- They said they could tell because I had my morning bagel with wine instead of coffee.
- They eat a nang, flat bread shaped like a bagel or pancake and made with wheat or corn flour.
- After a few months I might expand to toasting bagels, baps, teacakes and crumpets.
- I cannot condone the knocking down of old ladies in pursuit of a Panzers bagel, but sometimes there isn't any other way.
- For breakfast, Graham eats a bagel with tofu cream cheese, tomato and turkey bacon.
- Bagel Palace is to bagels what Cindarella's castle in Disney is to Buckingham Palace in England.
- Trail mix, smoothies and bagels with peanut butter are also good options.
- In any case, a need to salvage some profit saw Rocca and Heather turn the returned bagels into bagel chips.
- But you can gain more from grains by selecting whole wheat or whole grain pasta, bagels and bread.
- Nonetheless, she bakes great bagels at the market and there's no doubting the appreciation of her customers.
- Bread gets bashed in a rucksack, but muffins and bagels survive well: cinnamon ones are good.
- Although, if they were dunking Nacho Cheese bagels in their coffee I would have shmeared my eyes out.
- When the onion ring appetizer arrived we were astonished to see that it consisted of about two dozen rings the size of bagels.
- As broker and owner he always brought in a box of fresh rolls and bagels and cranked up the coffee pot for the meeting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.