In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The enormous menu covers just about every pop-dish of the 20th century - from chicken noodles, lasagne, macaroni, Cajun chicken baguettes to sirloin steak, burgers and pizza.
- Serve with cornichons or small black olives with drinks, or as a starter with a crusty baguette and a green salad
- This pizza - easy even for children to prepare because the crust is a French baguette - can be served for supper with a salad one evening, while any leftovers make a tasty addition to the lunch box the next day.
- Like authentic baguettes, the tofu at EN is made fresh, five times per evening.
- All-butter croissants, crusty French baguettes, Mediterranean ciabatta rolls, Danish pastries and choccacino rolls are all baked by their own unique computer programmes in the new ovens.
- Next up are the French baguettes with schnitzel, ham and cheese, salami or smoked pork spread, 75-105 baht.
- This sounds as if it hails from New Zealand or South Africa, but it's as French as a baguette.
- I think I'm proudest really of having mastered making French baguettes or French bread in the home oven because nobody had done that before.
- The faint sourness of a pumpernickel baguette combined with slightly shredded slow-cooked salmon, watercress, and wasabi aioli is a delicious contrast of flavors.
- And it is this strength that Manhattan has drawn on, offering burgers, steak baguettes, scampi, ribs and a handful of other meat-lead meals.
- The company prides itself on bringing the taste of fresh breads to stores, satisfying the ever-increasing desire among consumers to try fresh crispy baguettes from France or Ciabatta bread from Italy.
- To bulk it out, serve with walnut bread, a baguette or toasted brioche.
- Look for long loaves of Italian country-style bread, about 4 inches across, for making these toasts, or substitute large baguettes of French bread.
- A couple of slim baguettes of French bread slid into the woodpile ought to do the trick.
- French-style baguettes, pasta, and other non-traditional Malagasy cuisine can be found in villages near urban centers.
- But the picture could only get rosier with the addition of another French inspiration, the baguette.
- For a nice, simple appetizer use room temperature butter on grilled pieces of baguette or French bread.
- If you are seriously on the hoof, then you can have sandwiches, freshly made as you watch, with ciabatta, focaccia, or baguettes.
- The company's slogan is ‘the whole world in your hands’, and the menu includes French baguettes, Turkish kebabs and American hamburgers.
- These bouchons - a crustless tuna quiche of sorts, I suppose - are delicious warm or at room temperature, with a green salad and a good baguette.
- This impressive ladies' ring features a combination of alternating princess cut (square cut) and baguette cut (rectangular cut) genuine white diamonds.
- The Ballerina setting consists of center stone that is surrounded by a series of diamonds that are cut in a tapered Baguette style.
- Discover baguette cut diamond wedding rings available in white gold and yellow gold.
- Small stones step cut in an elongate rectangular shape are known as baguettes.
- The central bauble is a square-cut diamond with three baguettes on either side.
- Baguette Cut is one of the earliest and simplest cuts employed to give diamonds their perfect shapes.
- This slender, elegant baguette-style watch from Movado's Esperanza series features a classic Museum dial and a beautiful two-tone open-link bracelet.
- The most successful include River Island's baguette style, which will add a touch of glamour to any outfit.
- Her ring is a Windsor family heirloom, and she posed with it to show off the square-cut central diamond and three diamond baguettes on either side.
- One of the pendants is a triangular arrangement of colours, using a baguette cut peridot, amethyst and a garnet set in white gold.
- This classic timepiece is adorned with 32 baguette diamonds on the case and 232 on the bracelet - all Top Wesselton stones and all hand set.
- There are four tapered baguette diamonds set in two prong heads.
- The Channel Street Baguette style are stones set into the band that accentuates a center stone.
- ‘Art Deco was the first to come out with baguette diamonds, anything that had a straight line, triangles, trapezoids,’ he continued.
- However, by shopping around, one is sure to find an adequate selection of baguette style ring settings.
- The mounting has 8 channel-set half way around horizontal baguette cut diamonds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.