In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
inglés de Escocia
1niño masculinoniña femenino
- In India, of course, the problem is that they have too many bairns.
- We used to mix it with that Ministry of Food orange juice the bairns were issued around the 1950s.
- It was terrible what happened to those bairns,’ she said.
- Essentially, she was merely doing what high-earning parents are doing throughout Britain's university towns, jumping on the property price express as a means of helping pay for the bairns ' education.
- I accept at last the dreadful words of the divorce decree and agree to be as ‘one dead’ to you and the bairns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.