In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1polvo de hornear masculinoRoyal masculino marca registradalevadura en polvo femenino España
- To make the basic suet pastry, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, then rub in the suet.
- Combine cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and enough water to make batter the consistency of light cream.
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- This is made from a soft dough, leavened with yeast or baking powder, shaped into a ring, and deep fried, and often sprinkled with fine sugar afterwards.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and zest.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, curry powder, and salt.
- Some recipes will include sugar, vinegar, baking powder, or other enhancements.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, saffron powder, baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and pepper.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the pastry flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, sugar, baking powder, almond flour, and pastry flour and whisk to combine.
- For the beer batter, in a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Starting with your first recipe, go down the line measuring out the amount of flour, baking powder / soda and salt into one bowl.
- Next time you are outside with a fire, make a biscuit dough, a simple one with whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and the like.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and blend for one minute until smooth.
- On a piece of parchment paper, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- A rations-era store cupboard would have contained the likes of flour, cornflour, baking powder, Oxo and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, and using a rubber spatula, fold in the semolina, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.