In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de fiesta masculinovestido de fiesta masculino
- Every time I walk past a bolt of silk, I envision it pleated into a fantastic ball gown.
- It looked for all the world like a real Cinderella doll wearing a beautiful pink ballgown.
- I pretended I was a princess sweeping down the stairway in my ball gown.
- She was, to my untutored eyes, a shining goddess wearing a ball-gown.
- She had placed some diamond pins in her hair and was dressed in an elaborate black and white ball gown.
- Often the clothing included such items as business suits, ball gowns, and high-heeled shoes.
- Take a lovely young woman in a red turn-of-the-century ball gown.
- Women in ball gowns were hoisted in endless lifts above the heads of soldiers who played their cards in a blur.
- On it was a picture of a lady in a ballgown by a window.
- She trusts me to choose her ball gowns.
- And when they returned to competition, they were done for good with the ties, tails, and the ball gowns of old.
- Maybe I was still hoping she would present me with some of her discarded ball gowns.
- Kit turned back to her and laced up the back of her pink ball gown.
- Suddenly, Elizabeth was dressed in the most beautiful silver ball gown she had ever seen!
- She emerged from the banquet room dressed in a scarlet ball gown that fit every curve of her torso.
- This gives her precious little time to find a ball-gown.
- The only item left to arrive was a ball-gown that she was having made at Mr. Darcy's request.
- Women were wearing ballgowns, men were trussed up in evening jackets.
- Forced into ball gowns at every opportunity, she looks ready for a Vogue photo shoot.
- A true princess style can encompass a range of ball gowns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.