In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peso gallo masculino(title/champion) (before noun) de los pesos gallo
- So the Europeans tend to dominate the categories other than flyweight, featherweight and bantamweight.
- The provisional squad has light-flyweight Gabriel Kabwe, bantamweight Lovemore Tembo and featherweights Otis Bwalya, Jonathan Mwila, Victor Kaonga, Tendai Shumba and Abias Silupumbwe.
- The North West's other contenders are all Liverpool based - bantamweight Mark Moran, light middleweight Paul Smith and light heavyweight Courtney Fry.
- He has been campaigning in the junior flyweight, flyweight and junior bantamweight divisions, destroying every opponent with frightening aplomb.
- But Ncita laughed off the Tanzanian's assertion saying his charge was the best fighter from the junior bantamweight to the junior featherweight divisions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.