In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peluquería femeninobarbería femenino anticuado
- I like old fashioned barbershops - currently I go to one that hasn't changed since the 40's (including the barbers) and is located opposite the Bank of America on Pine St. in San Francisco.
- These intervention programs make use of lay leadership in churches, schools, beauty salons, barbershops, tattoo and body piercing salons, and laundromats.
- Sell your music at flea markets, barbershops, beauty salons, birthday parties, car washes, and any place you think people will buy it.
- In both fallen cities, people lined up at barbershops to shave their once-mandatory beards.
- They were talking about it in the barbershops and on the corners.
- When Mark Brown wrote the script, these were conversations he'd heard in barbershops before.
- However, we have actually served a more diverse ethnic group patronizing these barbershops, including men of African, West Indian, Bahamian, Haitian, and Jamaican heritages.
- As a result, black businesses were typically small service sector activities such as dressmaking, poolrooms, grocery stores, restaurants and barbershops.
- I have been carrying these photos around to various barbershops in San Francisco and saying, ‘Give me this haircut,’ and getting disastrous results.
- From the barbershops to newsrooms to college classrooms, the issue of Black prominence in sports and social activism gets aired frequently, according to observers.
- Monthly quality assurance inspections and assessments were made of dining facilities, water-production sites, ice plants, detention cells, barbershops, and base camps.
- Also underplayed by the media, but probably a hot topic in black barbershops, was another Census report last week.
- Beauty salons and barbershops entice potential customers with colorful portraits of well-coifed heads that look more like art pieces than hairstyles.
- I live in the suburbs surrounded by salons and barbershops.
- Bookmaking and policy syndicates were often backed by Irish Americans in saloons, barbershops, and other neighborhood outlets, so that syndicate backers became important local political figures.
- There were ballrooms, three dining rooms, a social hall, beauty and barbershops, four bars, a Grand Salon and other entertainment salons.
- Community-focused businesses like barbershops and post offices are scattered throughout the ground floors of various buildings as well, to encourage mingling.
- So barbershops and the number of barbers necessary for a given number of troops became a part of the camp support equation.
- He has previously located and recorded the remarkable details of the vernacular: truck-stop pool tables, barbershops and an entire nation of baseball parks.
- In addition to the established barbershops, some enterprising individuals, armed with just shears and comb, offered haircutting services out of their homes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.