In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1código de barras masculino
- Exposing the gel to photographic film would give me a pattern of dark bands like a bar code, showing the positions of the radioactively labelled fragments.
- To enter, you must scan the ticket bar code across a sterile machine while a human quality assures the process.
- The bar code will be printed on the reverse side of the ballot paper on the declaration of identity.
- Back now to preconditions: could the bar code itself - the Universal Product Code - be one of these?
- In 1974 a packet of chewing gum was the first recorded purchase using a bar code.
- The assistant flashed the machine across the bar code on the labels and declined on the grounds that the clothes had been bought six years previously.
- Some microwaves are being designed to read a bar code that will be printed on the side of the package and cook it automatically.
- We could all have a microchip implanted into our bodies with its own unique code, rather like the bar code on the side of a can of beans on a supermarket shelf.
- On DVDs, there will be a bar code to alert you that things are for sale.
- The new passes had a bar code, which had to be scanned.
- In another, an abstracted cutaway view of the landscape devolves into a pattern that suggests a bar code.
- The real culprit that was slowing the line was a bar code scanner that was incorrectly hooked up… sort of.
- The caller will receive a bar code on his mobile, which can be exchanged for the ticket at any Spice Telecom outlet, the venue or at the above-mentioned outlets.
- Each tag carries the serial number, model and an undisclosed ‘option’ code as a backup for the bar code.
- And every one of those files now has a bar code so that it can be tracked not only in the file center, but when it needs to be in an adjudicator's hands to decide.
- He took a photograph of Craig then airbrushed out his pacemaker scar and printed a bar code onto his chest.
- Tristan looked at the number printed across her wrist. 54189… A bar code, a number, not a life.
- From a distance its 23 km long rampart of hotels, apartments and resorts shimmers on the shore of Nichupte Lagoon like a massive bar code.
- After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the ‘Divider’ looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it.
- I wonder if there will come a time when we will all have a bar code stenciled somewhere on our bodies that will be scanned for all of Big Brother's needs.
1poner código de barras a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.