In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bario masculinobefore noun barium enema — enema de bario masculino
- barium meal — papilla de bario
- Few patients had endoscopy or upper gastrointestinal barium examination in the follow up year.
- Useful modalities for investigating a suspected case include small bowel barium meal, barium enema, ultrasonography, computed tomographic scan and colonoscopy.
- Patients waiting for non-urgent radiology examinations, such as CT scans, barium meals and enemas are now being assessed up to ten times quicker than two years ago.
- The barium shows up white on the x ray, allowing a clear view of the colon and will show how much of the colon is affected.
- A white liquid called barium is then passed through the rectum in the same way as the washout while the specialist views the bowel on an x-ray screen.
- Endoscopy and barium meal are the principal investigations.
- Reported food obstruction below the clavicles requires primary investigation with either upper gastrointestinal endoscopy or barium swallow.
- There is also insufficient evidence to recommend for or against routine screening with digital rectal examination, barium enema, or colonoscopy.
- The videofluoroscopic swallowing study with barium is a multidisciplinary evaluation with collaboration between a radiologist and a speech-language pathologist.
- A barium swallow examination disclosed a small filling defect in the lower third of the esophagus.
- Behind them was a screen showing mostly medical videos of operations, barium meals, gastroscopies, angiograms, arthroscopy, etc.
- Gastric ulcers without any malignant characteristics seen on barium swallow have a specificity of more than 95 percent in ruling out gastric cancer.
- An example of this is in specialty guidelines for colon cancer screening, where radiologists recommend barium enemas while gastroenterologists recommend colonoscopy.
- The index patient also infected the husband of another patient, who was waiting for his wife to undergo barium meal examination in the diagnostic radiology department, who subsequently infected his wife.
- Some researchers suggest that diagnosis should be based on patient history and confirmed by barium swallow, and that an upper endoscopy is not indicated.
- Based on the patient history and physical examination, barium esophagram and/or gastroesophageal endoscopy can confirm the diagnosis.
- A barium examination of the upper gastrointestinal tract showed the stricture as a filling defect.
- A brief, limited barium swallow examination can confirm if the pouch is small or enlarged.
- A barium swallow can also show the refluxing of liquid into the esophagus, and it may show whether the esophagus is irritated or whether there are any physical abnormalities in the upper digestive tract.
- Suspected oesophageal strictures at endoscopy were confirmed by barium swallow examination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.