In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- What did he make of Bobo Balde's barnstorming performance in Vigo?
- Brian Minto took on Vincent Maddalone in what we can classify as barnstorming affair.
- It wasn't quite the barnstorming performance of previous eras.
- Mrs Catling, a married mother-of-two, was ‘fast-tracked’ into the Labour-held seat last year after a barnstorming performance in the last General Election, when she cut the majority by half.
- Those who are fans of great barnstorming piano works will most definitely warm to this disc which is expertly annotated and scintillatingly interpreted from first note to last.
- Clapton has covered the Johnson songbook throughout his career, most famously in ‘Crossroads’, his barnstorming showstopper when he was in Cream more than 30 years ago.
- Peter Mandelson delivered an extraordinary, barnstorming speech that (I never thought I'd write this) eloquently expressed the views of the left - or the Israeli left, at least.
- It is a beautiful and well thought out characterisation and more effective to me than the rather barnstorming performance of Michael Feast in the same role at Chichester.
- It's not as barnstorming as many interpretations but carefully charting all the work's expressive depths; both the A major Rondo and the lengthy A minor Allegro are done with equal sensitivity.
- That the let's-put-on-a-show plot was age-old mattered not among lively performances, inventive comedy and barnstorming dance routines.
- In the Best Supporting Actor category, Chris Cooper deservedly picked up the gold statuette for his barnstorming performance in Adaptation.
- Following Andrew Bolt's barnstorming performance on ABC Victoria last Friday, I decided to test the Herald Sun ban once again by submitting the following letter for publication.
- Seven of the nine selections are Peterson compositions and rather than a barnstorming concert opener, Oscar chooses a quiet, reflective piece, Nighttime.
- US Ryder Cup captain Curtis Strange led the praise for Colin Montgomerie after the Scot's barnstorming performance in Europe's famous victory.
- Porter featured again, with Kim Criswell barnstorming her way through I've Still Got My Health.
- After a multitude of barnstorming performances on the left side, Danny Tiatto was judged the best player in the Maine Road ranks last campaign.
- The lithe spirit is somewhat changed for the Sixth Concerto which is a full blown four movement work containing much barnstorming and magnificence all around.
- Even something as barnstorming, and as seemingly tied to the attendant distortion, as ‘Six Barrel Shotgun’ would work just as well as an acoustic stomper.
- Beckham clearly felt his barnstorming performance on Wednesday night was the right moment to quit on a high.
- The Chancellor's conference speeches are always barnstorming.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.