In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tapa de barril femenino
- Joe sighed and un-strapped the gun, and turned out his pockets onto a barrelhead.
- These board games have survived, scratched into barrelheads as well as in pictures.
- The staves are heat-curved and the barrelheads are assembled with dowels and rings.
- I began composing an introduction praising the spiritual enlightenment exhibited in choosing to congregate in taverns, like 1849 San Jose legislators stepping in from muddy streets to drink whisky on barrelheads, before plotting out the future of nascent California.
- His family business and its subsidiary, Keystone Cooperage, make oak wine-barrel stock - the staves and barrelheads - as well as finished barrels.
- The trickiest step is cutting grooves inside the lips to fit the barrelheads tightly.
- Others cut the grooves for barrelheads.
- Because most people living there still called the whole region ‘Old Bourbon,’ any whiskey shipped from Limestone was invariably advertised and identified on barrelheads as ‘Old Bourbon Whiskey,’ no matter where it was actually made.
- Made from recycled barrelheads, each Lazy Susan retains the barrel maker's and/or winery's brand on top.
- In 1874 he settled in Wilson, Wis., and for five years engaged in the manufacture of staves and barrelheads.
- Separate sections of barrelhead with chisel, inserts strips of flagging between sections, and hammer them together to enlarge barrelhead to fit croze of barrel.
- Toasting may be light, medium or heavy, certain winemakers ask for the barrelheads only to be charred.
- Even the treatment of the barrelheads make a difference in flavor and aroma profile.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.