In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gorra de béisbol femenino
- He sighed and took off his baseball cap to wipe the sweat from his brow with a forearm.
- I am the king of the table and no one is pushing me around… apart from maybe that woman in the baseball cap.
- He was casually dressed in a pair of jeans and a baseball cap, but his facial expression was more serious.
- His accomplice wore a Burberry baseball cap, with dark striped sports top and blue tracksuit bottoms.
- In some of the raids the man masked his face with dark sunglasses, a baseball cap, a hood and a newspaper.
- Matt was in a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt with a blue baseball cap on the top of his head.
- As well as dressing as a workman and a builder, he has worn dark sunglasses, a baseball cap and a hood.
- He was wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit with the hood up and a baseball cap on underneath.
- He is described as young and tall and was wearing a black tee-shirt, jeans and a baseball cap.
- So if you're having a bad hair day on the weekend, give it a rest and slip on a baseball cap.
- She quickly opened the door and bustled into the front seat beside the driver, his face shadowed by a baseball cap.
- He was of stocky build with stubble on his chin and wore a blue baseball cap, blue T-shirt and jeans.
- Lizzie watched Jake sit, run his hands through his hair once more and put on his baseball cap.
- Henry's hat obsession began on his 21st birthday, when he was given a baseball cap as a present.
- He was wearing a two-tone baseball cap with a dark peak and designer label on the forehead part.
- I wouldn't be seen dead in a baseball cap in the UK but when I am abroad I'm never without one!
- One of them was wearing a navy baseball cap with the letter N printed on the front.
- Justin carefully took a familiar baseball cap out of his back pocket and shyly handed it to her.
- Many years ago an Italian friend of mine, who knew Senna quite well, gave me a baseball cap signed by the great man.
- Try to get him remove the baseball cap he's wearing and you'll see his other side.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.