In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carga base femeninobefore noun baseload power — potencia base femenino
- Candu reactors offer a safe, reliable sources of baseload electricity and are a proven solution to the problem of climate change.
- But they are still a niche compared with, for example, baseload power generation for the wider grid.
- But that bit's done, and the focus is definitely on a sustainable future where thermal fills a supplementary role for peak loads and dry years, rather than being baseload generation.
- Phase one of this two-story, 45,000-square-foot facility will feature a combined heat and natural power system that will provide baseload power, as well as steam, high-temperature water and chilled water.
- Systems can be used to produce electricity to meet a facility's baseload demand, to shave peak demand and to meet electrical needs when a utility feed fails.
- I am talking about the problem of getting sufficient baseload generation up and going, to meet the needs of a growing economy - even if that growth slows down.
- At times of critical low inflow, Project Aqua is unlikely to deliver anything, yet it is promoted as an essential contributor to our baseload supply.
- They seem serious, and as you know, it is our baseload plant for the Midwest.
- Ralph Tyree, a construction engineer project coordinator working in the resource planning department, was given the task of determining if a practical source of renewable baseload power could feasibly be developed.
- But for the foreseeable future, expansion of baseload power generation for most countries comes down to a choice between coal and nuclear energy.
- We can easily aim for - and achieve - a green mix of hydro, wind and geothermal for baseload, with a small amount of coal or gas for peak load and ‘firming’ - and all at a cheaper cost than nuclear.
- So we'd still need more coal plants to provide reliable baseload supply.
- He foreshadowed also that within the next five years Origin would invest in substantial baseload generation plant using Otway Basin gas in Victoria and coal seam methane in Queensland.
- Even so, Tyree says that the overall cost of landfill-gas-generated electricity will be competitive with other baseload options.
- So in the long-term, we can achieve a green mix of hydro and wind supplying baseload, with peak ‘firming’ and dry-year generation supplied by geothermal and coal.
- On Earthbeat two weeks ago, we looked at the solar thermal technology developed at the University of Sydney that has the potential to compete with baseload electricity from coal in the future.
- Nobody has proven that modern economies can be run without baseload plants, and nuclear is the only one that doesn't cause global warming.
- The Coastal Guardians claim that wind won't displace coal because it isn't a baseload power source, so it won't result in the greenhouse gas emission cuts that the industry claims it will.
- In the short span of a few years Central Australia has flipped from being in the sights of British Nuclear Fuels to becoming a potential generator of baseload electricity for future generations of Australians.
- For example, at California State University in Northridge, six grid-parallel microturbines with internal gas compressors provide peak shaving baseload power to the university's central plant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.