In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1first/second/third baseman — jugador de primera/segunda/tercera base masculino
- Are there any current major-league third basemen you model yourself after?
- Along the way, he set league records for most home runs and RBI by a second baseman.
- The fatigue factor was greatest for throwing infielders - second basemen, third basemen and shortstops.
- That entails getting a first basemen, second basemen, left fielder, and more if possible to create a better lineup.
- Would big-league baseball tell second basemen they can't make a play on the shortstop side of the bag?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.