In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vileza femeninobajeza femenino
- Ndibe infuses his work with traditional African values, sayings and beliefs that brilliantly parallel the baseness of a corrupt modern state on the brink of ruin.
- There was perhaps an assumption that the explicitness of some of the play's scenes, and the baseness of its religious characters, would outrage conservative Irish audiences.
- There is no beast in the animal kingdom with the same capacity for baseness, for depravity and degradation as our lower classes sometimes display.
- Ensor employed notions of carnival and the mask motif to represent the rich baseness and corruption of modern man.
- Her hero's commitment to a vision of honorable politics is clearly out of place in a context of political corruption, baseness, and compromise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.