In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inglés elemental masculinoinglés básico masculino
- They were enthusiasts for something called Basic English, an educational tool that limited the language's vocabulary to 850 words and, as far as possible, only its more regular verb forms.
- An ardent propagandist for so-called Basic English, a project which reduced the language to a mere 850 words, he was also a precursor of today's global industry of English-language teaching.
- He founded the Orthological Institute to develop the tools for teaching Basic English.
- There are five main parts to the Basic English word list: operators, things (general), things (pictured), qualities (general), qualities (opposite).
- It is ironic that his political aims for Basic English were foiled by his very ignorance of and inattention to politics itself as a constitutive force in human affairs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.