In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sueldo base masculinosueldo básico masculino
- In addition to basic wages, workers can receive allowances for hazardous work, accommodation, and various other aspects of the job.
- The chairman sat down with the players at the start of the season to agree a bonus scheme that could see the club's players virtually double their basic wage if they achieved all their season's goals.
- If local authorities do not agree to raise the basic wage of firefighters from 21,000 to 30,000, the union has vowed to call a national strike.
- They are demanding a 20 percent enhancement in bonus payments, a revision of the basic wage, and the filling of all vacant positions.
- It means the players, who apart from a payment from their union last month have been playing for nothing since the club went into administration, are at least assured of their basic wages until a deal is finalised.
- With the money advanced by the government, and starting in March 1920, workers were granted a provisional second supplement to the old basic wage.
- In January, basic wage income grew 5.8% from the previous year, the largest yearly gain in four years and twice the rate of inflation.
- The union has demanded a 40 per cent pay rise or a basic wage of £30,000.
- The unidentified officer's huge overtime bonus was on top of his basic wage of €35,000, plus allowances.
- I was paid a basic wage of £7 with £5 extra if I made the first team.
- The cleaners are campaigning for a basic wage of £5.70 an hour.
- The vast increase in basic wage is designed to end the current system under which councillors vie to receive special responsibility allowances.
- This basic wage should have a certain limit - say no more than £20,000-a-week.
- He adds: ‘The home-grown talent is more appealing to the directors because they come in on a low basic wage.’
- Time is ticking down towards Thursday's planned walk-out, with drivers holding firm over their £8-an - hour basic wage claim.
- Increases in the basic wage added to the exodus, especially amongst shepherds, and the gap between town and country widened to such an extent that the former does not always understand the latter.
- It was a bad contract, a flat basic wage that had him well down the pecking order by the end of the third year.
- The basic wage is £4.62 per hour for in-store staff.
- The scheme offers a basic wage, advice on starting a social business and the opportunity to network with other social entrepreneurs.
- They voted 176 to nil to reject a £7 per hour basic wage in a secret ballot on Monday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.