In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- Or sprinkle your rice with oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme, parsley and sage.
- Perhaps it's because it isn't a classic culinary herb like basil or sage, or maybe because its medicinal values are limited.
- One authority recommends armadillo sausages, well flavoured with coriander seed, basil and bay leaves, garlic, and nutmeg.
- I am now the proud owner of all the fresh basil, bay leaves, thyme, sage and parsley a girl could want.
- The site is a former dairy farm, now given over to a variety of herbs - ranging from basil, parsley, coriander and chives to edible flowers and mixed salad leaves.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, thyme, basil, tarragon, chervil, and chives and stir to combine.
- For fresh flavorings this summer, plant basil, chives, cilantro, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Rosemary and thyme both release their flavours in the heat of the oven - unlike the softie herbs such as basil, marjoram and oregano which can't take the heat and are best avoided here.
- Rinse and drain the cress, endive, mint, basil and coriander leaves.
- The same applies to fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
- Chopped fresh herbs - such as parsley, chives, basil or chervil, or a combination - can be used for an optional garnish.
- Just before serving fold in basil leaves, fish sauce and lime juice.
- The herbs you use in soup are your personal choice, but they often include basil, dill, rosemary, parsley, thyme, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Toss a few sprigs of fresh basil, parsley and dill with the baby greens for a healthy burst of flavor.
- The real taste of yum comes from adding fresh celery, mint, and basil leaves.
- Then a handful of fresh, chopped oregano, thyme, basil and tarragon was added.
- The large pasta squares were perfectly cooked and served in a goat cheese sauce, adorned with fresh basil leaves and strips of delectable sun-dried tomato.
- Mix in aromatic herbs like basil, rosemary, and thyme.
- In a middle-class household it usually starts with a plate of fresh greens - scallions, radishes, fresh basil, mint, coriander, and others in season.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.