In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto básico masculino
- A basis point is one hundredth of a percentage point.
- Adding these factors, you might expect us to show modest declines in our net interest margin of about a basis point a quarter this year.
- Fifteen-year fixed mortgage rates also declined one basis point, to 5.14%.
- Each percentage point of inflation is associated with a 146 basis point increase in the earnings yield.
- The prospect of a 75 basis point interest rate cut had investors breathing easier by late last week, but it was another tough week overall, especially for tech investors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.