In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caso perdido masculino
- Just before my injection, I became an emotional basket case and made a fool of myself.
- I am working very hard not to be a basket case, but doing an extremely poor job.
- My sister is a complete basket case, has been since she was 12.
- He was a basket case who freaked out under pressure.
- We're all emotional basket cases, and all we can do is find some crumb of comfort in sharing each other's pain.
- He shut me down and gave the camera a 10 second look as if to say ‘What a basket case!’
- I don't want my husband's friends talking about how his wife is a basket case.
- Their mother is an immobile, detached basket case.
- Describe her as a basket case, and she nods her acquiescence.
- So what if it turns you into a complete basket case - at least it's always exciting, right?
- Friday arrived, and Jasmine was a basket case.
- "Don't wait until you're a basket case to seek help," Webster says.
- I am not suicidal, but I am having a hard time coping - I am such a sad basket case that it makes the rest of my social relationships difficult to handle.
- Ask me to read in front of people now, and I become a basket case.
- Now, couple that with an extreme training regime and a virus and you end up like me - a basket case.
- I am a basket case who doesn't know what to believe about myself, or her anymore.
- Yeah, I'm all cool and collected and efficient when I'm helping a friend pack, but when it's me I'm a basket case.
- I've never seen her as any kind of basket case or to be pitied.
- He is a total basket case, almost suicidal and drinking heavily.
- So, what have we learned, except that I'm more or less a completely conflicted emotional basket case?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.