In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alfombrilla de baño femeninotapete de baño masculinopiso de baño masculino Chile
- If the bath mat gets faded and old, I want it to be my feet that wrecked it, and me that gets a new one, for my own use.
- That's why it makes such a brilliant bath mat - soaking up loads of water for a puddle-free bathroom!
- Leave shower curtain open and wet bath mat on the floor.
- A new bath mat and matching shower curtain and another candle should solve that area's, um, problems.
- We've all been showering in the evening before going out, knowing that morning freshness will be obliterated within ten minutes of stepping onto the bath mat by copious quantities of sun creme.
- The warm water flopped around, splashing out onto the white bath mat and shiny mirrors.
- Just as well I don't want to buy a cheesy bath mat, I suppose.
- More vivid shades, like that of the bath mat, warm up a room; paler hues, like the subdued pastel towels, cool it off significantly.
- Brightly colored bath mats and toilet lid covers also may help the bathroom look different from other rooms in the house.
- The vanity stand is equipped with liquid hand soap, below a large supply of hand and bath towels and, uniquely, bath mats readily available to use.
- I think one of them was putting the bath mat down.
- Seagoon has a red bath mat on board to make you feel at home.
- If it's four, they should probably have requested a few extras for those days when the bath mats need washing.
- Sarah nodded, and tried her hardest to keep from letting go to of the bath mat.
- I should mention we have a bath mat and use it, it just doesn't help.
- And though we lose one square meter of perfectly good rug, that scrap could be used as a bath mat…!
- I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened to me before, and I've often thought about getting a non-slip bath mat, but never got around to it.
- Alaska's department of environmental conservation promotes the recycling of plastic bags by turning them into crocheted crafts, backpacks, handbags, bath mats and baskets.
- The next week, a friend going into the bathroom looked down to the bath mat under the sink and saw something sparkle.
- Besides, pillow covers, bed sheets, bath mats, napkins etc for hospital or office use are also available.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.