In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(room with bath)cuarto de baño masculinobaño masculino
- There will be eight single bedrooms, two bathrooms, storage rooms, offices, staff areas, a lounge, kitchen and dining room.
- The first double bedroom has a timber floor and en suite bathroom with corner bath.
- All the bedrooms and studies and sitting rooms were of Chinese style while the dining rooms, lounges and bathrooms were Western.
- The main bathroom has a bath with separate shower cubicle and a polished wooden floor.
- Bedrooms will be built in pairs with bathrooms between each room.
- Before he came over, she went into her bathroom to find the toilet seat up and the roll of toilet paper left in a state.
- The house has two studies, a library, a 15 ft kitchen, dining room, family room, sitting room, drawing room and two bathrooms.
- At the rear are the marble bathrooms with their free-standing baths and the added bonus of underfloor heating.
- Art deco bathrooms with deep baths are also on the large side, with antique silver taps and luxury amenities.
- Wondering where Brett was but not overly worried about it, Sera went to draw a bath in the luxurious bathroom.
- Sitting in four acres of grounds, it includes three reception rooms, a billiard room, kitchen, five bedrooms, four bathrooms and a sauna room.
- To the left is the family bathroom which has a bath, wash basin, toilet and tiled wall and floor.
- Hence the state-of-the art bathrooms with rolltop baths, his and her washbasins and shower units with jet sprays.
- Unusually for such a setting in South Africa, children are not only tolerated but actively welcomed, accommodated in loft-style rooms with their own bathrooms.
- The journey from after dinner play up to the bathroom and into the bath is getting rough.
- A pine ceiling is a feature of the kitchen, while the family bathroom has a bath and shower.
- The bathroom has a bath, a toilet and a hand basin and is plumbed for a washing machine.
- One of the bathrooms has a bath with shower attachment and brass fittings, while the other has a step-in electric shower and airing cupboard.
- The bathroom includes a bath with wood surround as well as a period-style hand basin.
- The family bathroom has a bath with shower attachment as well as a number of fitted shelving units.
2EEUU(toilet)baño masculinoservicio masculinoto go to the bathroom — ir al baño / al servicio
- the dog went to the bathroom on the carpet — el perro ensució la alfombra
- before noun bathroom humor — humor escatológico
- bathroom scales — báscula de baño
- Glad that she made a good excuse, she walked off towards the ladies bathroom to regain her composure.
- Jamie stood outside the door of one of the public bathrooms, his stomach in knots.
- I had heard her get up to go to the bathroom so I was afraid she'd fallen or something.
- They also have generous bathroom facilities that they allow one to use in emergencies.
- The bathrooms all have little occupied signs on them, like airplanes, which is useful once you figure that out.
- The bathroom was a chemical loo in a tiny separate tent or, Aaron bashfully suggested, the great outdoors.
- Segregated public bathrooms threaten people's safety, job security and access to education.
- I grabbed a ratty towel from the outhouse bathroom and jogged away in the direction of the creek.
- He went to the bathroom, leaving Faye standing with an odd feeling in her gut.
- The school's bathroom facilities also received a new coat of paint at the same time.
- Blair quietly gathered up the graded tests, placed them in a pile on the table, then went to the bathroom.
- It contained a variety of rides for kids of all ages, with plenty for snack foods, drinks and conveniently located bathrooms.
- Works appeared in a variety of places - in the stations' public areas, in bathrooms, and inside and outside one of the subway trains.
- I went to the bathroom once, then came back into my room and waited some more.
- You may have noticed, lately, that public bathrooms are increasingly automated, thanks to infrared systems.
- There's some mathematical equation that architects must follow that ensures there are enough bathrooms in a public facility.
- Supervise them in places like malls, movie theaters, parks, public bathrooms, or while fundraising door to door.
- He made his way through all of them, the break room, the supply closet, even the bathrooms before he entered the large office at the front of the building.
- Meanwhile, the long awaited public bathrooms are yet to open.
- I smiled at Jake and kissed him quickly before jumping out of the car and joining Aimee and the other girls who were heading towards the public bathrooms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.