In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I had plenty of faith in my bowlers to get the batsmen out without sledging them.
- But the vote goes to Andy Flower, the best batsman of the lot and a fine wicketkeeper.
- What is good for cricket is that great bowlers should be allowed to bowl to great batsmen.
- He's not going to get wickets against the Aussie batsmen and he's not going to make any runs.
- As a batsman or bowler any player has to accomplish certain things to be in the team.
- It was only at club and county level in England that he improved on his batting and became the batsman that he is today.
- On his day Brad is unquestionably one of the most attractive batsmen in Australian cricket.
- The lack of patience from their batsmen has often been the bane of Bangladesh's cricket team.
- It's the first time a batsman has outscored the opposition in each innings of a match.
- I used to rely on watching good batsmen and try and mould myself accordingly.
- We got a lot out of that game as far as batsmen getting time in the middle and the bowlers having a good work-out.
- I have been working hard on my batting and I want to contribute not just as a bowler but also as a batsman.
- He swings the ball enough to trouble batsmen, but not enough to be a force when the pitch is slow and the ball is holding up.
- The Indians should target the first four batsmen and keep the pressure on the rest of the batting.
- Over the last three years he's pretty much been the leading batsman in world cricket.
- If you bowl outside the line, most batsmen, once they've picked the line, are not going to play.
- It would be extremely unfair to start messing around with the batsmen after one game.
- Both are batsmen of skill and determination, and their reputations are at stake.
- The batsmen are set for a less stressful few weeks, with Ponting encouraging them to put their feet up.
- Inzy is a fine slip fielder and a substantial batsman, one of the world's best.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.