In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fatiga de combate femenino
- I think one of the key factors really, which explains why they succeeded this time around was in fact that the GAM forces were experiencing quite a degree of battle fatigue.
- A case in point was the famous episode in which Gen. George Patton slapped a soldier suffering from battle fatigue.
- He remembers a soldier doing ‘something heavenly’ and putting an arm round him, but otherwise the Army was unsympathetic to battle fatigue.
- There is undoubtedly widespread weariness and battle fatigue among troops in units like the Third Infantry.
- This is the book we need to understand it, to struggle through the battle fatigue and to keep going.
- And the second world war came along and the very same combat condition was called battle fatigue.
- Call it battle fatigue, combat trauma, or the stress of being the hunted instead of being the hunter in a hostile terrain.
- Exhaustion and battle fatigue is no match for the piercing sound of an arriving local.
- The pilots in the briefing theater stood hastily, all battle fatigue now gone.
- The reasons for the few battle fatigue casualties included the sporadic nature of fighting and our air and artillery superiority.
- I remember another German soldier who came in like jelly and just collapsed on the floor with battle fatigue.
- PTSD, once referred to as shell shock or battle fatigue, was first brought to public attention by war veterans, but it can result from any number of traumatic incidents.
- A manual in 1960 urged people to understand that breakdowns were no more manageable than shell shock or battle fatigue.
- They were recognized in the Civil War; in World War I it was called shell shock; in World War II, battle fatigue.
- Over 15,500 have been seriously injured and it is estimated that over 50,000 will suffer from battle fatigue.
- But Pyle was obsessed by the stories he could not tell, especially when the censor quashed his column on battle fatigue.
- The proponents lobbied hard for veterans to receive specialised medical care under the new diagnosis, which became the successor to the older diagnoses of battle fatigue and war neurosis.
- In August 1943, while commanding the Seventh Army, Patton encountered two privates suffering from battle fatigue.
- Burnout, a disabling exhaustion similar to battle fatigue, is associated with prolonged working hours under stressful conditions.
- He stopped himself, disturbed at how battle fatigue seemed to be affecting him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.