In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Ramsey emphasized this by continuing the double beading from the bow to the arm, and then forward underneath the scrolled end.
- A decorative beading cut along the face creates a shadow line, adding depth and interest to the frame.
- The double doors have decorative beading on face.
- The interior of the secretary is surrounded with flush beading that also runs up the inside edges of the bookcase and returns across the shelves.
- Evidence that Jackson's home was originally a two-story house is the decorative beading on the underside of the floor joists.
2Indumentariapuntilla con adorno de cuentas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.