In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sabueso masculinobeagle masculino
- Another Doberman, two beagles, a chihuahua, a Finnish spitz, a Westie and a retriever will also be travelling up with their owners to the competition on March 6 to 9.
- It is regarded by many as the most prestigious fell hound show there is, with classes for beagles, harriers, Jack Russell's and terriers.
- The beagles and hounds would have to be killed and all you animal rights people out there would never be happy.
- They released their hounds by a wood, and soon the dogs had picked up the trail of a fox; a beagle sounded the alarm and the rest of the dogs came running, keeping the trail fresh.
- Like the panthers, and lion, and jaguars, there are huskies, beagles, greyhounds, danes, rottweiler, and a few others.
- It will then be compared to small amounts of sequence from 10 to 20 other breeds, including the beagle, to study genetic variation within the canine species.
- Because beagles were bred as a pack animals, they are inclined to get along well with other dogs - and with cats, too.
- Areas of disagreement is that the impact of hunting with hounds and beagles, we are not actually quite clear whether they have any significant impact on hare numbers overall.
- We therefore investigated the allelic variations of the DRD4 gene in the beagle and Shetland sheepdog, as well as in the golden retriever and shiba.
- Gun dogs, beagles, carriage horses and staghounds are highly trained and strictly controlled: they are also meticulously presented and in a certain measure put on display.
- Huntsmen from as far away Middletown joined others from Limerick and Kerry with a large pack of beagles.
- For example, the beagle is a hunting dog and was trained to bark when it spotted the prey.
- I visited New York recently and on landing at Newark airport was taken through a customs hall where a beagle dog was eagerly examining luggage.
- The date is also traditionally the first day of hunting meets and foxhounds, lurchers, greyhounds, beagles, minkhounds, terriers and other hunting dogs will all be taken along to Higham.
- His daughter, Elizabeth I, often took beagles to the hunting field in baskets attached to the horses' saddles.
- The guard's interrogatory was cut short as a beagle began tearing at his trouser leg.
- Jake's dad has two twin little girls with red hair, and a little beagle for a dog.
- Like most dogs, beagles are capable of detecting many different types of odors.
- Our beagle mix puppy is almost two, so I'm running out of time to blame this on ‘puppyhood.’
- Animal rights activists are set to launch a legal campaign against the Home Office over its examination of welfare standards at a centre which breeds beagles for medical research.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.