In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also beanbag chairsillón formado por una gran bolsa rellena de cuentas de poliestireno etc
2(toy)pequeño saco relleno que se arroja para que otro lo ataje
- Kevin threw a small beanbag at him, which he had found in his seat after he had sat down.
- The exercises are designed to be simple and fun, for example getting children to stand on a cushion on one leg and then throw a beanbag from one hand to the other.
- Francesca's exercises included standing on one leg and throwing a beanbag from hand to hand with her eyes closed.
- Make sure there is enough play space at home so that young children have many opportunities to crawl, walk, balance, and handle objects of different sizes, such as beanbags and multicolored balls.
- When they tried to walk toward the targets after being blindfolded or threw beanbags at them, they nearly always missed.
- Examples include standing on one leg and throwing a beanbag from one hand to another to improve balance, co-ordination and cerebellar function.
- Hackysacks, beanbags, and draft dodgers are sometimes filled with crushed nut shells.
- A Koho spot, from Young & Rubicam, Montreal, shows a bored youth in a '70s-era rec room playing a beanbag game until a Koho hockey bag crashes from above onto the game.
- This ensures that the beans will be extra secure in the beanbag.
- And speaking of beanbag, out in the parking lot, a favorite activity of the tailgating fans, for some reason, was playing beanbag.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.