In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1concurso de belleza masculinocertamen de belleza masculino
- Ironically this year, the winner of this African beauty contest comes from the United States and has never been to the continent before.
- After successfully holding the ‘Miss Shanghai Tourism’ event during the last Tourism Festival, the 2003 beauty contest will open in March and the winner named in September.
- A beauty contest winner in her teens, she was signed by 20th Century-Fox and soon shot to movie stardom.
- He related the history of the beauty contest, saying that the earliest contest in modern times was organized for some prince so he could select a woman, and later, hotel owners organized events to keep customers.
- Fashion designer and choreographer, Pranav, from Holland who groomed contestants for many a beauty contest is associated with the workshop too.
- Neither Villasin nor Elizabeth Lofranco, another actress who sits in on the interview, have ever actually been in a beauty contest, but both say that, growing up Filipino-Canadian, the pressure was there.
- Some fanatics might say entering a beauty contest is the wrong thing to do because you are putting yourself up to be judged by your physical appearance but my family supports me.
- From the moment that I learned of sectarian opposition to the female Universe version being held in Nigeria, it became something other than a beauty contest and assumed serious sociopolitical dimensions.
- He is saying that they favour Caucasians too much and he is not impressed when they select a black woman to win an international beauty contest, like they did when Fitzwilliam was selected winner of Miss Universe.
- Some years ago the Black Expo invited Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson to judge their beauty contest.
- The latest beauty contest winners to step onto the Bollywood stage are the reining Miss World and her predecessor.
- I write from the personal position of someone once a model and beauty contest winner.
- At Zeus' command Paris had been the judge at a beauty contest and had to choose which of the goddesses Hera, Athene, or Aphrodite was the fairest.
- I wonder if Mad Bull would wish to have a photo of this beauty contest winner in his Natural Beauty section?
- I was rather chuffed when the sales ladies at Qatar Airways told Ed my beauty is for a beauty contest.
- Also that year, Tao participated in the 43rd Miss World Contest, the first time a contestant from China's mainland had participated in a world beauty contest.
- With the 18 beautiful women modelling four different outfits and performing for an hour and a half, the preliminary contest for Miss Universe 2002 in Shanghai looked more like a fashion show than a beauty contest.
- Last month, Millionaire relegated TVB's Miss Hong Kong pageant to ratings runner-up for the first time in the beauty contest's 28-year history.
- The talent routines, introduced in 1935 to help make Miss America something more than a beauty contest, became mandatory in 1938 and have been ever since.
- The war began after the Trojan prince Paris was promised that he would marry the prettiest woman in the world after he judged Aphrodite to be the winner in a divine beauty contest.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.