In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salón de belleza masculino
- With his wife's help, he opened a cosmetics department and developed a beauty salon over his brother's sports shop next door.
- It may not be advisable to buy expensive beauty treatment equipment to set up a beauty parlour in your home if you have limited space and finances.
- Cohen saw potential in a beauty parlour where women could get make-up done, have eyebrows plucked or false eyelash extensions applied.
- As a licensed cosmetologist, CeCe owned and managed a beauty salon in Detroit.
- And in between you will find a beauty salon, hairdresser and a small fitness centre.
- Camelot also provides a hair salon and a beauty salon.
- I went to get a haircut, and found the beauty parlour completely empty.
- Beauty Paradise is an exclusive beauty salon in Bains Centre in Pioneers Park in Windhoek.
- Miss Hamilton had finished an art and design course at Trowbridge College, was working in a beauty salon in Devizes and planned a career as a hairdresser.
- I own a beauty salon and purchased a ticket from one of my clients who was taking part in the fashion show.
- Within my eyesight was an investment company, a service station, a funeral home, a beauty salon, and a grocery story.
- Yesterday as I drove to the beauty salon for my haircut, I was behind a big truck that had this written on the back.
- And I was aware in a vague, wondering way that for many women, a visit to a beauty salon was as normal as a visit to the hairdresser.
- The beauty salon smelled like nail polish and hairspray.
- Melissa and Jessyca had plans to open a beauty salon and were very good and hair and makeup.
- As a regular member of the Chemo Club for the last seven years, it seems like I've spent more time in the wig shop than the beauty salon.
- With this prescription in hand, Jane was despatched to York hair and beauty salon Sota Hairdressing in Micklegate for a new hair-do and makeover.
- After just one massage in the beauty parlour of a star-rated hotel, the size of his waistline was reduced by 2 centimetres.
- My old barber, astute entrepreneur that he was, turned his barber shop into a salon, and later into a beauty parlour for men.
- Staff in the beauty salon attend to the bride's hair and make-up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.