In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cámara femenino arcaico
- When dressed he left his bedchamber and went to the dining room to eat his breakfast.
- She escorted Estelle to her bedchamber and administered a draught to relax her, watching over her until she faded into a comfortable slumber.
- ‘His bed is through here’ I motioned towards the archway in the stone that led to his bedchambers.
- I have politely declined invitations to parties, and with pouty lips and a grumpy expression, I shall be retiring to my bedchamber at a sensible hour.
- He took them up to their bedchamber, and settled her on their bed, removing her clothes and placing her under the covers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.