In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fornidocachas España coloquial
- Fortunately for me, the rugby and football players were beefy and strong; they held their ground, and for that, I was immensely glad.
- "I went to my GP and was referred to Tameside Hospital, but they just said: ‘You're a beefy lad, there's nothing to worry about’.
- And if this is a trendsetter, our action sequences are not going to have beefy people flexing their muscles or lean and steely acrobats performing somersaults anymore.
- They both were beefy and middle aged with the sort of forgettable, flabby face so characteristic of law enforcement.
- I felt like twisting my arm away from him, but his grip was so strong for a guy who was not that beefy.
- It wasn't until Sophia felt a heavy hand on her shoulder and Keeran got the same beefy hand grabbing his muscular shoulder that they broke apart.
- The monster had four huge arms (two on each side of its body), and two strong beefy legs.
- A 28-to 44-year-old, beefy, shaved head, easygoing buddy for inspiration!
- Sam, with his muscles, only had to take off his t-shirt to be tapped on the shoulder by a beefy Dutchman on holiday.
- ‘Right away, honey,’ said the man, swinging a white towel over one beefy shoulder.
- He grinned, revealing a mouthful of rotted and missing teeth, and slung a beefy arm over her shoulder.
- She at first calmly asked him to stop, but when he persisted, two beefy security guards threw him out.
- At 6am the following morning - inconveniently before chow was served - a beefy Chicano guard approached my cell.
- A strange man came up the gaming table and put a beefy hand on James's shoulder.
- The man then leaned over and tapped the jock on a beefy shoulder.
- And then he finds an actor who seems to purposefully carry the weight and fate of the world on his broad, beefy shoulders.
- He's a handsome guy, beefy and apparently well built, though it's tough to tell when he's wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
- The young soldier's competitor was a big burly man with beefy arms and legs the size of tree trunks, while the young duelist was small and scrawny - barely half the big man's size.
- Two beefy secret service agents guard the door.
- She had already extracted two of her bags, and all that was left was her small box shaped one with everything she held precious inside, by the time Chris had come back, with two men behind him, they were strong, beefy men.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.